Information Regarding the 2017 Contest
Applications, rules and regulations are available by writing to:
Hookstown Fair, Queen Contest, P.O. Box 33, Hookstown, Pa. 15050, or by calling Mary Lee McElhaney, chairwoman, at (724) 573-9207.
Applications must be returned to the fair address by July 15th.
Hookstown Fair Queen Program
Is to promote greater public understanding and awareness of agriculture and its importance to Pennsylvania.
The 2017 Fair Queen will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship for the purpose of higher education and will participate in many of the activities at the fair.
She also will represent the Hookstown Fair at the Pennsylvania State Fair Convention in January, as well as other events to which she may be invited throughout her reign.
Each Fair Queen Contestant must
- Be a female who is a U.S. citizen and a resident of Pennsylvania.
- Be at least age 16, but no older than 20, years of age as of June 1, 2017.
- Have not been a former local Fair Queen winner, nor a former State Fair Queen contestant.
- Not hold any other title for any other commodity group or pageant during her reign.
- Have her parent(s)’ or gaurdian(s)’ consent to enter the competition.
- Be single, have never been married, have not been pregnant nor given birth to a child.
- Act in accordance with the PA Fair Queen “Behavior Policy”
- Meet all time commitments, Queen obligations and Dress Code as set forth by the Hookstown Fair.
As part of the competition, each contestant is required to write an essay titled “What My Fair Means to My Community” and present a three to five minute speech on “Why You Should Come to the Hookstown Fair.”
Fair Queen Contest – 2017
Competing for this year’s title and a $1,000 scholarship
sponsored by Liskos Family Amusements are:
Congratulations Sara Benzio – 2017 Fair Queen